Established in 1904 as co-operative winery, the first harvest took place in 1905 and was followed by several difficult years. During this crisis, the young Alfredo Prunotto met and then married Luigina, with whom he decided to take over the co-operative winery "Ai Vini delle Langhe", bestowing on it his name. Thanks to the passionate persistence of the newlyweds, the winery became famous very quickly and began to export wines throughout the world. Since 1989, the famous Marchesi Antinori family began its collaboration with the Prunotto Company. In 1994 getting directly involved in the production process, maintaining the excellent level of quality which Alfredo Prunotto had always insisted upon.