Château La Lagune is located on a terrace of alluvial gravel parallel to the palus (rich soil that is productive, but not for quality wine) bordering the river. The "Village de La Lagune" was built here in 1525. Circa 1587, a certain Monsieur Eyral built a tenant farm in its place and gradually invested in transforming several modest leaseholds into a major winegrowing estate. He was succeeded by numerous owners and the lovely château we know today was built between 1730 and 1734. In 1855, La Lagune joined the select club of grands crus classés as a third growth. The Sèze family acquired La Lagune in 1886 and it stayed with them until 1956. They sold to Georges Brunet, who gave an important new impetus to the estate before in turn selling it to the family who owned Champagne Ayala in 1964. The Frey family arrived in 2000. They have made large-scale investments in the vineyard, cellars, and château aiming for excellence at all levels.
|Grape varieties||Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Petit Verdot|
|Producer/Bottled by||CHATEAU LA LAGUNE 33290 LUDON MEDOC FRANCE|
|Classification||3e cru classe|
|Producer||Château La Lagune|
- Vineyard : Medoc
- Country : France
- Grape varieties : Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Petit Verdot